Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Smothered Burritos A la Costco - Dump, Dump, Serve style.


Sometimes I eat something and get an idea. 

For example:
Recently I bought this soup. 
As I was eating it.....I thought....I could make this into something....
And I bet....
I could make it using only ingredients that are sold at Costco.
I had a lot of ingredients in my cupboard, but if you didn't have them....Costco sells all of the ingredients necessary for this recipe....and you could either make a ton of smothered burritos with those ingredients, or you could make just this one recipe and then a million other things with the abundance of left overs you have.
(you also could just make this recipe from ingredients from your local grocery store, but since most of us shop at Costco, I wanted to use those ingredients we always seem to have.

Like:
The gigantic bag of Mexican shredded cheese
or
the bag of 30 burrito size tortillas
or
Enchilada Sauce
or
That delicious soup you taste as you're walking through the refrigerated section and is suddenly irresistible  and finds it's way into your cart.

Who doesn't love a delicious bowl of soup right??
But too much of a good thing is just too much sometimes....
Which brings me here:

I took the second container of soup and added
Some Costco Rotisserie chicken.

Campbells Cheddar cheese soup and taco cheese.
( I know it's not Costco's brand....but I had it on hand......you get the idea though)
*also...if I had Campbells Nacho Cheese canned soup...or their Cream of Chicken and Green chile....the options really are endless)

You could use Canned Corn....or fresh corn...or this awesome stuff from Trader Joes.

I had some onion on hand.....

And some beans for texture.

Warm the tortillas before adding the filling and rolling them up into little delicious packages.

Spray the bottom of the pan with Pam and then cover your bundles with Enchilada sauce.

Stick them in the oven




and Then serve them along side your favorite Spanish Rice and top them with some Costco Guac and Sour Cream.

I only used half of the mixture.

The other half I used to fill won ton wrappers and fried up for an appetizer for My Mom's group.

Try this recipe!  It won't disappoint!

1 container of Costco Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 Costco Rotisserie chicken de-boned and chopped
Burrito size tortillas
1 can of Campbells Cheddar Cheese soup
2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese- 1 cup for inside- 1 cup to sprinkle on after the enchilada sauce
1 large can of enchilada sauce
1 chopped onion
1 can of corn- drained
1 can of black beans- drained
Guacamole and Sour Cream to garnish.

Easy Peasy.

Dump it all in and serve it up!

Enjoy!


2 comments: