Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book Club Begins...

I finally did it.

I'm a grown up.

I started a Book Club.

:)

I would listen to one of my Best Friends talk about her Book Club monthly...and I was so jealous.

I wanted that.

I wanted to feel like a real woman in her thirties who reads books.

So....

That's just what I did.  I started my very own book club.  And I had just enough friends that live local to make it work......and to my surprise..they were very willing to join a book club!  

Yay!

Here are the rules:

You must at least crack the book open...and read a couple of pages....

Book Club will be hosted by someone different every month, and the person hosting dinner can choose the book.

Whoever hosts, will handle everything...from start to finish.

Those are the only rules.

And..

to my great pleasure....

Book Club was a success!!

Sums was first to arrive...
I wouldn't let her touch anything....

We were only missing Lynne...
(And everyone else we invited that wasn't in the tri-city area....)

Mary read all the way to page 16...
She has been granted a "get out of jail for free" card due to her "condition"
(I can't wait for that baby to get here!! 5 weeks and counting....)

I'm so happy everyone made it!! (almost)

Next Month!!

Lynne's house!  

And....

50 Shades of Grey!!

;)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for book club! And P.S. we don't have the rule where you must at least crack the book open. We have one member in particular who never reads the book. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe there are no pictures of food! Whose blog is this, anyway? :)

    Mary is such a beautiful pregnant mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food was excellent. I love Heidi's cooking. Thank you for letting me eat, eventually!

    ReplyDelete