Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

June? Already? When did YOU sneak up on me???



Miss us??

We've just been hangin around.....

We had open house at school
We were very excited to be at school at night, and to show off all our hard work.

Madeline had an important week at school too! 
She had her end of the year performance.  
We were a bit shy, but at least she stayed up there.
She did so well!

This weekend was our annual Garage Sale Extravaganza.
Remember last year???
(I'm still working on that project with my awesome finds from last year...  Someday.....)

This year we had quite the entourage.

There was 8 of us.  All squeezed into my car. 

It really is more fun to go Garage Sale-ing with a big group. 

The first weekend of every June my in-laws neighborhood has their annual garage sale.  It's awesome.  It's in a huge neighborhood that has 4 schools in it, and 3 local pre-schools. Also it's a well established neighborhood,  some people have lived there since their home was built.  Meaning, there are goodies to be found for all ages.

This year was my best year yet.  I only spent 60 dollars.  That's right.  Six. Zero.

My big find was this Secretary desk and hutch. 

It's Ikea, and in perfect condition.  It was exactly what I was looking for the ManCave.  We have a desktop computer that we are going to set up for the kids for school.  I would rather have a computer set up where I can have eyes on the kids at all times while they are on it.  This desk is perfect.



There is a ton of storage 
And it's all put together.
God knows Ikea is no fun when it's not assembled.
I looked online when I got home and it retails for $440.
Score!

I found this perfect set up for Madeline.
She has spent hours in her room being Momma to her babies. 
She LOVED it.
$10.
Worth. Every. Penny.

Below is my favorite find of the day.
Every home needs a Jackalope.
;)

Clay immediately hung it over his golf clubs in the ManCave
The boys need a Good Luck Charm for their Golf Game.
A quick pat of the lope and off to the course!

I hear Clay did pretty well this weekend....
Must have some special powers.

I also scored on some books, scrapbooking items and dress up items for the kids.
I was so excited when I got home!

In other news...
I'm hooked on Pinterest.....

I tried this recipe a few weekends ago.
The only thing I changed was the bread to shredded frozen potatoes. 

It was easy, and a crowd pleaser.
Jack even liked it!

There you go.  All caught up in just one post.

:)

I'll try to stay on top of it in June!

5 comments:

  1. The jackalope trumps every other purchase. Hilarious! Love Maddie's outfit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, the jackalope... sooo funny. :)

    I can't believe how BIG Jack is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm. that picture of Maddie is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love the jackalope. It is sooooo mancave. The pic of Maddie at her performance is so SO cute and Jack looks so proud of his work!!!

    I feel all caught up now, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds!!!! I love my Maddie.

    ReplyDelete