Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good-Bye Kindergarten!


We did it!!!

We made it through our first year of school!  

Hooray!!

Jack you are so big!  Like a regular kid!  How did this happen??

It went by so fast.....
It feels like just yesterday was the first day of school.....
(thank you Pinterest for all your fabulous ideas...whatever did we do before you? I loved this idea of holding the first day pic on the last day.......next year..bigger poster board..I underestimated my *small* soon to be First Grader)

We loved Jack's Kindergarten teacher.  She was so patient with him, so understanding.  She was the perfect fit for Jack.
I knew I wanted to do something special for her.

I knew she was an avid reader.....So I had my Mother whip up this book bag.

I was so pleased with how it turned out.  My Mom really out did herself.

On one side she embroidered "Once upon a time"

and on the reverse side 
Her name in a childs font on dotted lines just like Jack's school paper.

Love. That.

We filled the bag with fresh flowers.


Jack couldn't wait to give it to her
She thanked Jack and gave him a hug and then turned to me winked and said "Thanks Mom!" And then gave me a hug.  I just love that lady.

At school they had a big party for the last day of school complete with treats and face painting...

and THEN.....

Aunt B picked up Jack from his last day of school and treated him to Lunch and a Movie.  Jack in the Box and Madagascar 3, what more could a soon to be 1st grader want??

Except...

Possibly.....

Chuck E Cheeses for a round of games!

His Favorite!
Madeline's school celebrated the kick off of Summer and we got to crash in on their fun!


Jack thought that was the perfect way to end his last day as a Kindergartner.
*tear*

I loved having a Kindergartner.  He was so excited about some of the things he learned, life is so interesting to him at this age, he's so curious, so mature, but still so innocent.  The mouthiness came out a bit this year...but that was to be expected...He is eager to please, he loves to laugh, he has the biggest heart and has so much love to give.  He is a great kid.  The greatest 6 year old I know!
I'm gonna miss the fond smiles I would get when I would tell people I'm a Mother of a Kindergartner.  There is just something so magical about that first year of school.

And you did it Jack!

Just like I knew you would! 
Congrats Jack-man!   We are SO proud of you!!!

6 comments:

  1. That bag turned out great!!! I can't believe Jack is a 1st grader. What the? And a first grader who looks like a 6th grader, at that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohoo! Congrats Jack...and Mom...you made it!
    P.S. The bag is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Jack! And yay for first grade! And yay for teacher appreciation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd better be careful...you're going to blink and you'll be posting about his high school graduation...sniff, sniff. So, so proud of you Jack-man! Such a big boy, so handsome, so polite, so, so, just so perfect! Gosh, you'd think I was partial or something... (way to to Mom, I knew you could do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favorite post of yours!! I loove the idea of him holding his picture up at the end of each year! Way to go Jack we love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 3 year old and he is about to start pre-school in August. I can't believe he is even old enough to do that!! It just seems like yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital! I have an 8 month old baby and he seems to be growing faster than my first did. Geez, they need to slow down! Your son is precious. It is so hard to think that my little boy will be that big soon!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete