Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

These are a few of my Favorite Things!

I have to say that Pinterest  could be the greatest and worst thing invented.

It's the greatest because you get all these fantastic ideas and learn new things and have a place to keep all these ideas for later use, and it's the worst, because #1, everyone has seen the ideas already, and #2 It puts even more pressure on someone to be crafty and fabulous.

With that being said, I saw this idea on Pinterest.  Loved it! And decided to throw my very own "Favorite Things" Party.

I sent the invitation out in a hurry, and wish I would have remembered to invite so many more people.   But I didn't....so if you missed your invite, I'm sorry.... But please don't let that stop you from coming next year.  Because THIS party was so much fun, this will now be an annual event. 

I requested in the invitation for everyone to bring 5 of the exact same item, wrapped and unmarked.  The item should cost under $10 and should be something you love.  Something that you know someone else would love too. 

With the invitation out, all that was left to do was get ready to party. 

The House was pretty much ready, since we decorate on Thanksgiving weekend.

I just added a few little touches.

I was ready.

For My gift I wrapped up my favorite hot chocolate recipe from Ina Garten, complete with the necessary ingredients.  This was a double whammy for something that I love.  My favorite Half and Half is from Whole Foods and sold in re-useable glass jars.  I keep the jars and use them as small vases.  It's the perfect size to run down a table for a centerpiece for a party, or to put next to the soap in my bathroom.

I also had pinned some cute ideas for appetizers.
Lindsey came early to help (as did Casey and Brit) but Linds was the only person I knew who was patient enough to execute the veggie Christmas Tree.
Didn't she do a good job??

Everyone brought wine...

And since we had these...
Two bellies....
Baby "M" above and Baby "J" 

(Don't be afraid of this recipe...yes its fattening...yes it has a lot of ingredients...but I PROMISE you...it will be the BEST Hot Chocolate you have ever tried AND it's super easy to make. )

Here are The Girls.
Ready for some Gift action.

We put everyone's name in a stocking five times.  Then everyone pulled 5 different names from the stocking, making sure not to pull your own name.
Here are the names I drew this year.

Mary went first, and EVERYONE loved her gift.
Mary was also voted Best Gift Brought at the party and won a prize. 

I won't say what she brought.....because somethings should just be left for those who attended...maybe that will entice some of you to come next year.  But I will say it was hilarious and her wrapping was adorable.  AND she was only 12 minutes late to the party, which is pretty much a record for Mary. 

You should all know that it is no fun racing to open something against someone who is a speed opener (Lindsey)

Everyone waited patiently while each 5 girls opened their gifts.  We rotated, and each girl passed out her gift to the recipient. 

Finally it was my turn. 

My first gift was from Jaime.
So of course it was in a little silver box.

So smart!  It's shampoo, and Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath all in one....and it smells SO GOOD.

Then Laura...

Practical, Practical Laura.  
(I'm actually excited for my next laundry adventure)

Then Tegan...
Yum.

I also got a Teal knitted Scarf from Brit.  And Lindsey's favorite Tank Top from Target.

Other gifts that I did not receive were and adorable mug from Crate and Barrel that can be used for coffee or soup, and was filled with Casey's Favorite coffee.

It was my turn to pass out gifts.


I'm so glad Teegie picked my name.  I had her (and Laura) in mind when I thought of my gift. 

The size of the party was perfect. 
Small...

Fun..


And all my 


Favorite people.


Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas-time!

Thank you to all my friends who helped me rush to get this party ready at the last minute, who helped with the menu, and brought delicious things to eat and drink.

You are so special to me, and I love all of you so much.

I'm already thinking about next years party....

;)

5 comments:

  1. It was so much fun! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will FOR SURE be there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely bringing this idea to Pleasantville next year. So fun! And love Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will only come if I get Mary's gift again ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally won Best Gift... but maybe I'm biased. I am sooo excited about that freaking adorable half and half jar. And thank you for the hot chocolate... it was amazing. :)

    I can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO fun!!! So bummed I couldn't make it!!! A few girls from church & I are having one in 2 weeks. I can't WAIT. I just need to figure out what I am giving! those 1/2 and 1/2 jars are so cute! need to go buy them!

    ReplyDelete