Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Christmastime!!

The Christmas Season is upon us!

I couldn't be more excited!

I love all the Holiday hustle and bustle everywhere we go, I love all the shopping and prepping and cooking...

and I ESPECIALLY love all the Christmas Cards that arrive daily.

Madeline loves them too...
She likes to climb up on the couch and talk about all the faces she sees.

This year we decided to do the Cupcake in Mason Jar for Jack's Daycare.  I originally saw this idea on Mel's Blog and thought it was a super cute idea. So I have my favorite cupcake lady make her delicious creations and gave them to all 12 of his Teachers.  It was such a hit!  I wish I had a video of Jack running from Teacher to Teacher wishing them a Merry Christmas.  


Saturday Morning kicked off my week of vacation.

I needed a break from work soooo bad.  I planned a shopping trip to the city for the day. Mom and Casey joined me. We left early to beat all the traffic. 

When I walked outside I was so happy to see this:
The heavy fog in the morning is one of my favorite things about Winter mornings in Walnut Creek.  I feel like there's something special about Walnut Creek's fog.  I've lived a lot of places, and nothing makes me feel more like Christmastime than a cold, frosty, foggy Walnut Creek Morning.

It was SO beautiful in the city.

After a Morning of shopping, we stopped for lunch.

As we were waiting for a table we looked up and saw these two ladies walk by:

Gram was in the city to see a show and happened to pick the same place to eat as we did.

Which was no surprise because....
We both love this restaurant.

I had Grilled Radicchio wrapped in Pancetta in a basil cream sauce with goat cheese.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

After Lunch the shopping continued. 

We had to go to Gumps!
Growing Up Gram would take me to the city to see the windows all decorated for the Holidays and we always went to Gumps to get an Ornament. 

There were Carolers in the street!

It was definitely a successful trip!

Sunday this machine got quite the work out.
We baked all day Sunday.

Daddy was very busy working the Raider Game.
He made it on T.V.!  There's Mr. Kirbyface near the upper left corner of the Television.

So Cool!  Daddy's Famous!

Here is half of the day's work.....

we did 3 more batches..

And Made Fudge...

I could have never done it all without my Mom.  It was sooooo much work.
She kept me motivated, and stood by my side baking all day.


Jack had fun decorating his own cookie.
Clay found an All Natural decorating kit from Trader Joes.  The candies were colored with beet juice and spinach.  Love Trader Joes!


Tonight we made deliveries to all the neighbors.  I make them a plate full of cookies every year.  This year I added fudge to our plates.  (Mom has a way of building my baking confidence, I never would have made fudge on my own.) And for our neighbors with puppies, I put a ribbon on a bone for them to enjoy.

And that is only 3 days into my Vacation.....

I still have 7 days left!  Woot! Woot!

Such a busy week planned!

So much to do to prepare for the Man in the Red Suit....

I'll keep you posted.  

;)

4 comments:

  1. This post just put me in the holiday spirit. Christmas in SF is the best, but running into Gram is even better. P.S. Right now Anna is wearing the same pajamas Maddie is in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...just wondering why a plate of that Goodness has not made it over to my house yet! And why we have no playdates planned!
    That is so perfect that you ran into Gram...just shows how great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy lady! Man I need a vacation. And a plate of those cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious that your ran into Gram! Go figure. :) And... I want some of those cookies too, please!

    ReplyDelete