Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let's Talk Fashion

So.

Two weddings down.  

One to go.

I couldn't be luckier.  The Bride is one of my Best Friends, and my Soon to Be SIL. I talk about her all the time.  I LOVE her.  One of Brittany's best qualities is her Breeziness.  I tend to gravitate toward Breezy women. Because....

I'm kind of NOT.

I need the Balance. 

So Back to Wedding Stuff.

I'm the Matron of Honor in this upcoming Wedding.  It's the first time I have ever been asked to be the Honor of anything. And I couldn't be more excited. 

Brittany's only requests are that her Bridesmaids look Fabulous, the dresses are evening gowns, and they have to be deep Navy. 

That's it.

I have been to dozens of bridal stores. DOZENS.  And I have FINALLY narrowed them down to two.  I brought My Mom and Brit to see these dresses the first time.  They were torn.  I was torn.  I left feeling overwhelmed and disappointed that I was leaving another dress store with no dress ordered for this wedding that is rapidly approaching. 

So I decided I needed back up. I invited Lindsey and Mary to come with me last weekend to try again.

Lindsey couldn't make it, and Casey stopped by while I was waiting for Linds to arrive.  Casey had the afternoon free and told me she would love to give me her opinion!  

So off we went.

Mary and Casey had her Iphone. 

Normally these photos would have been deleted immediately.  But at my recent Favorite Things party these pictures were passed amongst my friends, and they were laughing at my pouty faces and grumpiness.

And they were right.  I was grumpy, and frustrated, and I left AGAIN without purchasing a dress.

So I'm bringing it to the streets.

  No make up, dirty hair, and frown a palooza.

It's clear that I need help.

So you guys pick one. 

 Tell me your favorite.

I should tell you, these photos do not do these dresses justice.  Mary and Casey and Brit and My Mom can vouch for me. 

Also...

1) Both of these dresses are pinned and cinched and not my size.

2) Casey was NOT supposed to be taking a picture of my FACE in these photos.

But I'm an honest blogger.

So here I am.  In all my Honesty.  

The bottom of this dress is AMAZING.

Here is a close up. 

Despite the look on my face, I love EVERYTHING about this dress. 


This one gives my body more shape, but the one shoulder is totally out of my element.

Mary loved the back.

I'm trying to hold the back tighter, it was 2 sizes too big. 
(such a happy girl!)


So what do you think?

Which one do I get???

(Let's pretend they cost EXACTLY the same amount of money, and neither would require alterations.)

Okay. 

 Go!


7 comments:

  1. But you CAN'T pretend they're even close in price. I think the mere fact that the one shoulder is out of your element makes it super hot. You ALWAYS do strapless! I vote #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tegan's comment about your comfort level, you should branch out. That being said, I saw them in person, and the first one took my breath away...nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Casey got your face in these pics. If I had a quarter for every time I've seen that face.

    I vote #1 because I love the bottom. But I'm also with Tegan about the cost factor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your face in these pics... HILARIOUS.

    You can't go wrong with either (in the event that one is ridiculously cheaper than the other), but if forced to choose, I say #1!! both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already told you. Obviously my opinion means nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote #1...I am IN LOVE with it! I love the top, it's sexy, and the bottom is very Hollywood glamour! The other dress is pretty, but I don't like the skinny strap on the other shoulder. It's distracting and takes my attention away from the ruffles on the other shoulder. I do like the back, it looks Victorian. You look amazing in both, and I love your pouty faces : ) Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete