Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013


Halloween is one of my favorite Holiday's.  I love the decorations, and trick or treating and having all my friends and family together to kick off the Holiday Season.  I feel like Halloween marks the beginning of my favorite time of year.  We have always had a party, and have been lucky enough to have wonderful neighbors to walk over enjoy pizza, beer and good company. 

Our recent move this Halloween had me feeling really blue.  

Very blue, actually. 

My parents have spent every Halloween with us since Jack was born. Every. Single. One.  My brothers come over and usually dress up.  I had my Lynne, my girl Brit, close friends and anyone else who wanted to come, knock on the 12 houses on our street, eat Rocco's and enjoy whatever dessert Lynne decided to whip on that year.

This year, no one could make it.  Everyone had to work, or had other plans.  And it's not like I could just drive over and crash someone else's Halloween activities.  

But..... that's pretty much what I did anyway.

;)


Only Maddie was allowed to dress up this year for Halloween at school. 
Here she is with her BFF Paige at school.

This was the first year that Jack had no help from Mom with his costume. 
He's a Military Sniper.  
Fantastic.
I also gave up on my daughter.  I wanted her to be Princess Aurora. The gown at Disneyland was so fantastic.  It would have been my dream gown when I was her age.  MY dream gown.  I had to let go and allow her to purchase the same exact gown our wonderful neighbor Jen let her have from her daughter.  So here is Madeline as Tangled, (in the exact same dress we were just given FOR FREE). In her Uggs and long sleeves that don't match.  I'm hoping next year I can be more persuasive in the costume category with my children. 

My friend Monica was so nice and invited us to trick or treat with her family. 



We had quite the posse.

Being with Monica's family feels very much like being with my family.
Loud and chaotic. 
But it reminded me of home, so I was a happy girl. 

So. Much. Chaos.

Monica lives on a great street. People decorated their driveways and homes.  People had disco's set up, and haunted houses, and popcorn and chocolate covered fruit for the adults.  It was really fun. 

I'm thankful for new friends. (but will always miss my old friends)

Thankfully...

They are just a drive away....

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. Making new memories :) Both kids look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cracks me up about Maddie and her dress!! Such a stubborn little gril :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to wonderful friends...both new and old! And cheers to new traditions and great childhood memories for those kiddos. (including Tangled and the Military Sniper.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, no full sized candy bars this year??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costumes... I'm dying. I love it. Oh, Jack. :)

    ReplyDelete