Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Maddie's Big Girl Bed!!

With the move, came the need for Madeline to get a new bed!

All of Madeline's baby needs were fulfilled by Jack.

Including Jack's Crib.

When I selected this crib I loved it.  I mean loved it.  I was at my Mother in Laws perusing cribs on the Internet and we stumbled across this red crib.  I was like.... "Can I do a red Crib??" She immediately said "OF COURSE you can!" And that was that.  If the Interior Designer says it's okay. Then it's okay.  I found bedding and centered the whole room around his red crib.

Then I became pregnant with Madeline. 

And found centering a nursery around a red crib... for a Girl ....

Challenging....

But I'm persistent and had a little help from my friends.... and found THE perfect bedding and on SALE no less.... I had one of best friends pick up the last piece of bedding 60 miles away. And the nursery was complete!

and I LOVED it.  

Jack had a hard time letting his bed go to his Sister.
Jack @ 3 years old


The crib was great for a loooong time
Madeline @ 3months.

Madeline @ 8 Months.

Madeline learned how to do this 
(2 1/2 years)

So we converted it to this....She was SO excited.
(almost 3)


I knew when we moved we would give our crib away because we were done with babies...

Done with babies...

Awww...

It was really hard for me to let the crib go.  I knew we were done...but there is something so final when you let your last baby item go...

At least it's staying in the family....
Hurry you two and fill that crib up with lots of babies for me to spoil!

Sooo...

In deciding to buy Madeline a bed, I wanted the bed to be something that she really, really wanted.  No hand me downs. Something she would be really excited about.  When I showed her beds online, her face LIT UP when she saw this bed. 
I had to get it for her.
She calls it her Pink and Purple Princess bed.

At First...

I thought it was impractical.  And something she could only use for a small amount of time. BUT they have dressers that slide under the bed for additional storage for when she is much older....and when she outgrows the "princess" portion, we can remove it and she can use it to hang out under in her room.

She LOVES it.

Hooray!

And once again... I found bedding!
Thank you Target! Perfect Color, Perfect weight. Perfect Price!

I have to give a HUGE shout out to a very good friend
She drove allllll the way down with Madelines bed in the back of her SUV and then helped assemble all 100 pieces.  The company we bought the bed from would not deliver to Clovis!  Thank god for Casey! You are the BEST!


Even Big Kids fit under the bed!

My Big Girl. In her Big Bed.
My how time flies...

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics of the kids in the crib. Happy sad. It was hard for me to let go of our crib. Maddie is SO big and so lucky to have such a cute Big Girl Bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing I wouldn't have done for that bed as a little girl. Maddie is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete