Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

10 on 10 (or 12 on 10...)


Our morning started with Eggs Benedict
because I just happened to have all the ingredients..... (When does THAT happen.....)
P.s.  Hollandaise sauce is INCREDIBLY easy... Try this recipe.
on a side note....if you have a lot of left over Hollandaise sauce... as I did today....you can just add the extra ingredients from this  recipe  and voila...you have Bearnaise sauce for your steaks-please see below!


Jack-man woke up late..
 And apparently had scissors in his bedroom last night....
Awesome.

So an unplanned trip to Great Clips was in order.
Waiting for your brother to get a haircut is pure torture.

Lots of errands after that....

After grocery shopping came nap time...
Which gave Mom some peace to peruse the internet.... and I found this recipe (thank you Tegan- and Pinterest) I HAD to try..... (mostly because I had a can of pumpkin that was expiring soon)
p.s. Has anyone tried the new Lay's flavors.... Yum.
p.p.s. Since my cleanse ended, there has been nothing "clean" about my diet....BUT...Labor Day is just around the corner and that's the same as New Years in my book.  Right? New Years Day ends the Holiday eating... Labor day ends the Summer eating. Makes PERFECT sense to me. 

it really is easier than you think to cook from scratch.....

and sooooo worth it.
This frosting is to die for.  
Make this soon. You will thank me. 

After naps we took Dad to see our favorite park.


Warm afternoon Sun is the best.

The fastest dinner Mom can make is Mac and cheese...
We may have spent too much time at the park..which made it close to bed time....

With the kids fed and ready for bed....

Mom started Dinner for Two....
A little for the pan... A little for Mom....

Yum.
Who says you can't have date night?

It's all in the planning...

How was your 10th?

3 comments:

  1. That all looks amazing. I don't know what any of those sauces are or what you would serve them with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY YUM!!! Still laughing about Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacks pretty straight with the scissors! Food looks delic.

    ReplyDelete