Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend in Pictures and some....

This weekend we had quite an eventful weekend.

Starting with the Pinewood Derby!

They are serious about this! Check out the set up!

The boys were SO excited.

Finally it was Jack's turn!

He was so proud of his car.

3rd place!

Yay!

Some of us came to eat.....

And eat...

and eat....

This weekend was all about cleaning.
Lots and Lots of recycling.

The weather this weekend was BEAUTIFUL!
Which means lots and lots of time outside.

And since Daddy was in charge of cones for the derby
we got to set up our very own race track.

Whooo hoooo!

We invited Ayden over for a ride...

Should I be worried already??
Hmmmmmm


Casey came over and helped me do this
Thank you Jesus!

I can see the floor of my closet!  It's a miracle!

I feel like a new woman!


We also had some sad news this weekend too.

Yesterday, after 16 years we lost our precious kitty Guiness the wonder cat.

I searched and searched for photos.  I KNOW have pictures of her when Lindsey and I tortured her with Cat Halloween costumes. And when she was a tiny kitten in Clay's arms.  but I could not find them for the life of me...

And I searched and searched my digital images...and could not find one. Not. One.

So sad...

The thing is... most people didn't even know we had a cat.  Once we had children she was pretty much gone all day,and would not show her presence until the house was silent.  

She was the best cat.

She warmed up my side of the bed every night so my feet would be warm. She slept on my head or back or legs every night.  She was my first room mate when Clay was shipped away for 6 month, and my only companion when he was called back after September 11th and was gone for 6 months again.       She was my late night pal.  And our first "child". 

And I will miss her. 

I hate to leave on a sad note...but that was our weekend. 

She's in a better place and I know Trig's up there with her.....and together....it's just like old times for them.




6 comments:

  1. First, Congratulations Jack!!! That looked like way too much fun. Second, I am deeply saddened by your loss. We too have a 15 year old cat that was our first child. Nick and I have literally had her our entire relationship and I will be very heart broken the day she moves on. Third, we look forward to seeing you on Sunday! Make sure you bring your new camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these pics! Go Jack! He looks so proud.

    I'm so sorry about Guiness. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for a clean master bedroom! Office next up :) So happy Jack did so well in his first pinewood derby!
    I loved little Guiness, makes my heart so so sad! You know I am a crazy cat lady and LOVE all kitties!!! At least we know she is with Trig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw.... great pictures and so sad about Guinness. I totally understand what you mean about her being your first "child". Trig is taking good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Jack! 3rd Place Rocks! So sad about Guiness:( p.s. I love that Jack had a Krispie Kreme hat on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bittersweet weekend. Guiness gave you a lot of good years! And hey, WAY TO GO JACK! 3rd place is awesome!

    ReplyDelete