Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Christmas Season is upon us!

The first week of December Maddie and I took a road trip to the Bay.
Just Girls.

We had planned on just going for the first weekend of December, but I had an unexpected Job interview and decided to extend our trip to a full week. 

We stayed with Pop and Gram.

In August when we did Madeline's annual Birthday shoot I forgot my wedding dress at home and was so upset that I would miss a year of Madeline in my dress.  My goal is to do this every year until she's 18.  Thank god for June. She drove up and did an impromptu shoot.  
Have I mentioned lately how much I love our family photographer???

The Walnut Creek tree lighting is the week after Thanksgiving. 

So Maddie and I joined Aunt Mary, Aunt Casey, Sarena and Donnie to see the tree. 

We had lots of quality time with Gram and Pop. 

Friday night was my annual Five Favorite Things Party.
(more on that later)

I helped Pop with all of his Holiday Shopping this year. 
He's quite the shopping partner.
:)
Love him. 

Saturday Gram and I had a standing date with the city.
Which means we got to drive through the new tunnel!

And across the new bridge!

Ever since I can remember Gram has brought me to the city to see the Macy's windows and enjoy the lights.
Now it's my turn to return the favor. 

A trip to the city calls for a delicious ladies lunch.

At the Rotunda!
Spoiled in table 37.
Ask for it.
you won't be disappointed.

A trip to Grams always means 
Dinner here. 

They have their very own special table. 
And everyone knows them by name.
It's adorable.

Whenever I'm in the Bay I make sure to enjoy my favorite salted caramel cupcakes from Sinful Bliss.
Hello Delicious. 

Sunday we celebrated Brittany's sister's baby shower. 
Baby Olivia is due in February.
And Moo is adorable. 

When it was time to leave...
I was thankful for my Mini-van. That thing holds more than an 8 foot trailer.
Bible.
I love everything about my Mini-van.

Except....
when I get a flat tire on Highway 99 with a 4 year old in the last 30 minutes of our 3 hour drive.

Then I'm not a fan. 

At least we had a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the part where you return the favor to Gram in taking her to the city. Love.

    ReplyDelete